Free and paid Search Engine Optimization tools for increasing website, mobile and local maps rankings, as well as tracking and monitoring traffic.
Free SEO Tools
- Google Search Console – Formerly “Web Master Tools”. Monitor website visibility and health in Google’s search results.
- Page Speed Insights – Test your website page speed on all devices.
- Mobile-Friendly Test – Check whether your website is mobile-friendly.
- Google Analytics – Measure website traffic, advertising ROI and track leads and conversions.
- Google My Business – Add, verify, populate and optimize your business listing profile and increase your local search rankings in Google Maps.
- Link Explorer – Analyze backlink profile and Domain Authority data of any website for free.
- Domain Analysis– Free Domain analysis including Domain Authority, ranked keywords, top pages and other competitive SEO data.
- Local Citation Finder – Increase your local rankings by researching competitors and identifying new local citation building opportunities. Free version (3 searches per day). Paid version (starts at $20/month with 20 searches per day limit).
- AMP Test – Is your AMP page valid?
- Yoast – Free plug-in for WordPress which optimizes your website and gives you more functionality for SEO changes.
- Moz Learning Center – Very good resource for learning SEO on your own.
Paid SEO Tools
- Google Ads – Google’s advertising platform, where advertisers set their own budgets and bid for keywords to appear at the top of search results.
- Moz Pro – Identify the right keywords to target using the Keyword Explorer. Track your keyword rankings and audit your website using other research tools included with Moz Pro. Starting at $99/month.
- Authority Labs – Track keyword rankings in Google, Bing and Yahoo search engine result pages. Starts at $49/month.
- Whitespark – Local SEO tools including Local Citation Finder, Local Rank Tracker, Reputation Builder and Link Prospector. Free trial. Prices start at $20/month.
- SEO Clarity – SEO platform designed for Enterprises and Agencies
- Ahrefs – Popular and easy-to-use SEO platform with multiple tools. Starting at $99/month.
- Yext – Local SEO tool allowing you to manage your business listings across 100+ search engines using on platform. Improve your SEO rankings by cleansing incorrect business information and removing duplicate listings on the Web. Packages range between $199 and $999 annually.