Free and paid Search Engine Optimization tools for increasing website, mobile and local maps rankings, as well as tracking and monitoring traffic.
Free SEO Tools
- Local Pack-O-Meter – Displays the monthly percentage of all search queries in the United States (approx. 60 million queries) tracked by Traject Data and sorted by selected SERP type (local, knowledge graph, people also ask, image, etc.).
- Page Speed Insights – Test your website page speed on all devices.
- Mobile-Friendly Test – Check whether your website is mobile-friendly.
- Google Analytics – Measure website traffic, advertising ROI and track leads and conversions.
- Google My Business – Add, verify, populate and optimize your business listing profile and increase your local search rankings in Google Maps.
- Link Explorer – Analyze backlink profile and Domain Authority data of any website for free.
- Domain Analysis– Free Domain analysis including Domain Authority, ranked keywords, top pages and other competitive SEO data.
- Local Citation Finder – Increase your local rankings by researching competitors and identifying new local citation building opportunities. Free version (3 searches per day). Paid version (starts at $20/month with 20 searches per day limit).
- AMP Test – Is your AMP page valid?
- Yoast – Free plug-in for WordPress which optimizes your website and gives you more functionality for SEO changes.
- Moz Learning Center – Very good resource for learning SEO on your own.
Paid SEO Tools
- Google Ads – Google’s advertising platform, where advertisers set their own budgets and bid for keywords to appear at the top of search results.
- Moz Pro – Identify the right keywords to target using the Keyword Explorer. Track your keyword rankings and audit your website using other research tools included with Moz Pro. Starting at $99/month.
- Authority Labs – Track keyword rankings in Google, Bing and Yahoo search engine result pages. Starts at $49/month.
- Whitespark – Local SEO tools including Local Citation Finder, Local Rank Tracker, Reputation Builder and Link Prospector. Free trial. Prices start at $20/month.
- SEO Clarity – SEO platform designed for Enterprises and Agencies
- Ahrefs – Popular and easy-to-use SEO platform with multiple tools. Starting at $99/month.
- Yext – Local SEO tool allowing you to manage your business listings across 100+ search engines using on platform. Improve your SEO rankings by cleansing incorrect business information and removing duplicate listings on the Web. Packages range between $199 and $999 annually.