Very interesting and exciting news today. SEOmoz, one of the Web’s leading industry leaders for search engine marketing and optimization, has just changed their brand from “SEOmoz” to “Moz”. If you visit SEOmoz.org, you will be redirected to Moz.com. Very cool.
Equifax Personal Solutions has launched IdentityProtection.com, a new website to provide information to consumers on how to protect themselves and their families from the growing problem of identity theft scams. From things like tax filing to after-school extracurricular activities for kids to medical paperwork, the site gives advice on the precautions to take in your everyday life to stay safe from identity thieves.
What is Identity Theft you say?
The site will include tips from experts and stories from victims in areas like tax id theft, medical id theft and child id theft. The site will also include advice on what to do if an individual does fall victim to ID theft.
A press release from Equifax shares some of the site content:
- Third-party tax expert Bill Nemeth shares tips for consumers to protect themselves against tax identity theft, which is growing at an alarming rate; with incidents up 265% in the first nine months of 2012 and up 500% over 2010.
- Mechel Glass, VP of Community Outreach at CredAbility, a consumer credit counseling and education nonprofit organization, discusses the impact of identity theft on consumer credit rating and the importance of protecting your personal information.
- The new site will be regularly updated with new content in both article and video formats, with content from Equifax experts and third-party industry experts, to help consumers make the best decisions and actions about their identity.
- “Identity theft is an increasingly pervasive problem, particularly in today’s digital economy,” said Trey Loughran, president of the Personal Solutions unit at Equifax. “This new website will be a rich resource for people who want not only to educate themselves about the problem, but also to take steps to help protect themselves and their families. Consumers who are armed with useful knowledge and tools can be a powerful deterrent to the rapid growth of this ‘invisible’ crime.”
Consumers can visit IdentityProtection.com and browse the site, and check back often, as content will be regularly updated to bring new tips and advice to consumers.
The site is brought to you by the experts at Equifax Personal Solutions, which empowers consumers with the confidence and control to be their financial best. Equifax offers an innovative suite of products for credit monitoring and protection from identity theft, including identity theft insurance, at www.equifax.com and offers information on everything from credit to retirement, all in one place at the Equifax Finance Blog, blog.equifax.com.
David Mihm is the Director of Local Search over at SEOmoz. David published a video today that expanded on the the idea that Google has been aggressively improving the way their Local SEO algorithm ranks businesses within Google Search and Google Maps. The information is rather basic – he doesn’t exactly go into the details of “how to get your business ranked #1 in Google Maps”, but he does leave hints.
How to improve your Google Maps ranking
- Links + Title Tags
- Citations + Location Data
- Social identity (Google+)
- Offline signals (Foursquare check-ins)
These are the main bullets David drives home at the end of the video. Watch the video below to get the real deal.
A lot of people know Matt Cutts – particularly in the SEO field. He’s the face of Google, and isn’t a self-indulged billionaire like most Google execs (*breath of relief*). He is probably the most credible source for Google insights to this day, and he will no doubt go down in history. I think it goes without saying that he is one of the more powerful industry leaders for Search Engine Optimization and marketing. He knows how Google works and, more importantly, knows what Google will be in the near future. If you are a beginner SEO, please watch the video above for a sure-fire way to get your website ranked #1 in Google. Everything he says in this video will help you rank higher – I GUARANTEE IT!